Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sometimes there is Just Frustration


I hope my fellow Food Rulers will understand when I stress my frustration on following many of the rules. The 5 ingredients rule, ok was easy enough. The not eating items made with ingredients a child could not pronounce, was even kind of fun at times. I have been able to almost stop eating meat all together. But the rules on sweets are just some how unattainable for me. The weeks passs and the frustration mounts on my quest to limit the sweets. I have refused to give up on social occasions just to avoid the deserts. I will share a sinfully glorious picture of my most recient Pollan shortfall. This was ofcourse a special occasion with my better half but I am unable to hold myself back.
If anyone has advice or would like to share your secret for mastering these types of situations please share your feelings, I am open to all of your ideas. Rule #60 you are the rule I must conquer.

4 comments:

  1. The sweets rule is definitely hard. I cut back tremendously by deciding no obvious sweets a.k.a. candy bars, the C-store, and deserts.
    I'm not sure how its changed by body as of yet, but its a start I guess.

    P.s. The chocolate picture looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And is that ice cream in the wine glass? YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am slightly addicted to sugar. I wrote my healthy snacking post while eating Ben & Jerry's peanut butter cups ice cream. I don't know what to offer here, but I second the call to suggestions.

    ReplyDelete