Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Rotten Life

So it has been nearly two weeks since I've been eating poultry and seafood again. My body is doing a bit better, but it gets cranky sometimes because all this fresh is rotten inside of it! A few days I had an average amount of meat as any other person would, but other days I hardly have any besides a slice on my sandwich. As I'm eating meat again, my diet is slowly changing because some chicken and seafood dish I eat require rice to be eaten with them, even though I try not to eat rice at all. Since I'm eating meat, I feel like I'm not eating as healthy as I use to be.

I've been reading the post and a lot of people seem to have trouble to eat healthy more and overcoming sweets. The first thing I want to address is eating healthy while being busy or living at school. I know people have busy lives and are constantly on the move. One thing I recommend is packing snacks, some sliced apples, a handful of grapes or nuts and just have that in your backpack so whenever you're hungry or have a few minutes possible even before class you can snack on them. As for living on campus, that is a tough issue. I wouldn't recommend this, but personally i would put food on my plate in the OR, then slip it into a plastic bag and bring it back to my room. I know buying your own food can be hard sometimes so I don't know what to suggest for that.

Then there is sweets! It really has been hard for me too because I love eating sweets! I can just eat icing out of the can! I still eat sweets, I don't care what that book says, but I don't eat a lot. I usually buy dark chocolate because supposedly it is better for you and eat one or two pieces a night. But with cakes and other things, it is sooooooo hard. I just want more and more. JUST SAY NO. That is all I have to say, don't give into sweet pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment