Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fast Food- farmer's market style

Lately I have been trying to pretty much sample different markets and so far I really like the Crescent City Farmer's Market uptown. It is extremely close to school and open before I have to go to class. I went there this past Tuesday and was able to have lunch. I bought a wheat wrap stuffed with spinach and artichoke. It was delicious! Also, I had a real hot tamale! However, I was under the impression one was able to eat the wrapping but it seemed too hard. I just opened it up instead and ate the filing which tasted much like grits and cheese. Maybe this is what it always was..? To finish my meal I had a container of honey lemonade, which I really enjoyed. I plan to stop there every Tuesday on my way to school and grab lunch. I highly suggest trying the fruit popsicles which do not contain extra sugar.

I think the worst thing about markets is there availability. They are only open on certain days for a few hours, and being a full-time student with two jobs makes it difficult to find time to go. That is why fast food services, such as, the 24 hour McDonalds and "open till 2 a.m." Wendys, is able to get so much attention. They are always available any time and have many locations.

The world is seriously backwards; society has cheap available imitation food and expensive scarce healthy food. Since when did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment