Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

snacks.

I want to say the best thing I've done since reading the Food Rules book is snack better. I no longer regularly eat potato chips, junk food with tons of sugar, fast food, or drink soft drinks. What I think is helping this transformation is not allowing these types of "edible foodlike substances" in the house. Instead I am buying avocados, hummus, wheat pita bread, cheese spread from the farmers market, and fresh fruits to eat between meals. Thanks to the new "diet" I can honestly say I feel better. I do not feel full and nasty after eating like I did when I would eat potato chips. I feel healthy and light not weighed down and tired. I plan to continue these eating habits and hope to continue to eliminate foods that aren't whole foods.

NOTE: hummus from the farmer's market tastes so much better than the supermarket brands.
MUST TRY: Cajun Fresh Chevre (spicy goat cheese) Hollygrove Market

No comments:

Post a Comment