Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Listening to Your Body

The other night, my parents and i went to a new buffet that opened up. The main reason for them wanting to go was because they served lobster every night. First of all, I don't even care for buffets that much because they are more aim towards quantity, rather than quality and I don't eat as much as I used to so it was kind of a waste. I felt horrible that nigh because of the salty and oily food I ate. After awhile and especially since really being aware of the food I eat, my body told me that it did not appreciate me polluting it. Plus I had a soda the other day and that was a no no. I felt bloated all day. And I am realizing more and more what is good and what isn't good for my body.

I also am listening to my body much more. If I am slightly hungry I'll have a snack, and recently I've been able to eat less and stop eating when my body/brain tells me that I'm full.

I also like eating more simply. One of my favorite dishes that I like to make it Vietnamese chicken salad. I'll post the recipe here. Also so glad to see Briana, Cait, and Tom at the Country Fair. That was a fun way to taste and see the food from so many other different nations!

Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Boil chicken, then shred it.
Slice Onions, and green onions.
Cilantro.
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Tony Chachere's.
and squeeze half a lime over it.

Just mix everything together and most Vietnamese thin slice cabbage and throw it into the salad it's super good, fast, simple, and basic! I hope yal try it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment