Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Campus eating...

So I live in an apartment, which is great to cook and control my food intake. However, since sorority recruitment and starting work right afterward, I've had to get food on the go. I won't get out of work until pretty late and during the day and running from one event to the next reading assignment to yet another meeting. So what to do?
"Food Rules" certainly hasn't been ruling my life as of the last week, but I want to try to find better fast food- that doesn't come out of my window. Usually I buy the yummy Special K bars, but that has at least 5 ingredients that I can't pronounce let alone a 5th grader. With that in mind, the C-Store has every trans-fat you could possibly get, so don't get me started on Flambeauxs size portions. Eating healthy as a working-college student getting ready for grad school is certainly a challenge.
All in all, that is my next challenge to myself. I did a pretty good job when things were quieter, but following "Food Rules" needs to applicable to all levels of craziness that my come our way. It needs to be easy to find food (or at least prepare food) that can keep up with different lifestyles.

Tune in next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment