Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm Sorry I'm Fat

I had a bottle of coke today and pumpkin seeds that contain 'titanium oxide' and finished someone else's meal after my own and I'm sorry. I do feel slow, so noticeable consequences at least affirm that my body has adjusted to the vegetable/fish heavy diet. A silver lining. Silver like a Babe Ruth candy bar....

I've broken the rules once in a while, like I'm told to. Pollan uses Oscar Wilde's bit on page 139, "All things in moderation. Including moderation." To this I add that the quickest way to get rid of a temptation is to indulge it. Having said this, I think I've crossed a line as habit is starting to take over my usual diet so that the moments of indulgence feel like exactly that and are getting to be kind of rare. It feels great and that's why I'm so sorry I've been terrible today, a terrible experiment, a terrible student, I had 4 or 5 pancakes this morning instead of the 3 that came with my order and I didn't check the syrup ingredients and I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm talking to my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment