Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Po-boy sickness = success!

I just wanted to say that I thought Greg's presentation was awesome and made veganism, or at least vegetarianism, very appealing with the incorporation of ahimsa. I like the awareness that what you choose to eat, or consume in general, has spiritual or humane implications past the physical. Our eating a chicken poboy (which after 3 days of no meat made me feel quite ill) is undeniably participation is the inhumane (funny term) treatment of other living beings.
I do wonder though why some vegans also choose to not eat honey, when the bees are clearly glad to make it and treated with much care (else the sting). Is it the general domestication of the bees that is considered a violence on them?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I am a lot more interested in veganism since Greg's presentation. I really liked that there were layers to what decisions he was making.

    ReplyDelete