Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Veggies for Dinner

This week the goal was veggies for dinner. I found that veggies for breakfast was much more difficult than veggies for dinner. I tried a bowl of colorful veggies before my first cup of coffee and found that it is physically impossible. Broccoli in a bowl is not as appetizing as cold, crunchy, sweet, cereal. So, I compromised with fruit and delegated the veggies to dinner.
Now that fruit and of course the veggies have their domain, I decided that there would be no more eating of furry creatures. *small changes are good right? :)
  • The fish was smokey (done on the grill)
  • The chicken was spicy
  • The turkey was tender
  • The Bacon was crispy
I was able to indulge in the flavors and textures of the meal instead of over eating. Keeping in mind the meals should be prepared in such a way that my "Grandmother" would have recognized with rich and natural ingredients.
I must admit that carrying this philosophy over into the area of deserts has not really worked its way into my diet, this will be an area for future examination. I still really want snowballs and I am not prepared to find out exactly what makes them so tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it was turkey bacon since you're giving up furry animals. Though I hear that turkey bacon really isn't all that good either. I'm glad you're cutting out some other meats though : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tien,I love the turkey bacon! Although, I have had to change my way of looking at food only my grandmother would have recognized, now I think about it like food anyone's grandmother would have recognized. I was running into the problem that my grandmother grew up on a farm and was not likely to have had a few dishes that are food rules worthy just because she didn't have access to them.

    ReplyDelete