Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings I babysit an eighth month old baby, Jack. I adore the way his family lives and how they try to be as heathy as possible. I have certainly picked up a few things from them. They do not feed Jack regular baby food from a jar; every morning the mom mashes up a fresh fruit or vegetable and mixes it with fresh oatmeal (not the microwave packs). Jack does not have disposable diapers. He uses cloth diapers that work great (which I did not expect) and saves a lot of money. The family is all about recycling and organic food. Their fridge is full of Whole Foods and Farmers Market groceries, that I am more than welcome to eat :)! In the fridge is also a medium size container that olds all the left over fruit and vegetable peelings, which works as a compost. Seeing how a whole family works together to be "green" really does inspire me to work on my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment