Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Eat Your Colors.

This week, I plan on eating my fair share of colors for every meal. In other words, each plate of food shall be multi-colored--not every meal a different color. Pollan discourages meals of the same color. However, I am reminded of a time a few years back when my eccentric family decided to cook dinners of the same color for 4 days. Here is the menu (I cannot encourage it):


Green Meal

Green Noodle Casserole

Broccoli

Salad

Lime Sherbet

Orange Meal

Cream of Carrot Soup

Shrimp

Sweet potato fries

Peaches

Yellow Meal

Lemon Chicken

Summer Squash

Stuffing

Lemon Pie

Flambe Meal

Steak with Bourbon Sauce

Carrots glazed with Brandy

Salad with Warmed Brandy Dressing

Bananas Foster with Rum


You can pour brandy over anything and light it.

Is "Fire" a color in Crayola's box of 64?

1 comment: