Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Buzz words

So I have been reading the book and I must confess I think I'm in love. Or at least I am in love with the grand idea of healthier eating and the beautiful buzz words associated with eating green/whole. I have been putting off the start of what I am going to call my "love affair with veggies". Finding a reason to procrastinate has been very easy, but today was the day. Starting out small and working my way into this over the course of the week is the way I'm going to go. Finding whole foods has been a bit more of a challenge today than I thought when examining the book. I started out very excited, now I have realized that this will take some planning, and I will probably not be an over night success. Todays goal: search out healthier quick and easy foods with some kind of portability.

2 comments:

  1. so what are the actual "buzz words" that have captured your interest? Pollan's writing is so successful in part because of his convincing, hip rhetoric. for example: what exactly is a "whole" food? and for that matter, how does "whole foods" the grocery chain stack up to its namesake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Healthy" is a crazy buzz word I keep running into. I'm not very convenced that it actually is used in describing food that's good for you.

    ReplyDelete