Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sad to face the truth..

I absolutely love sushi. It has grown on me like I never thought it would. I have noticed there is a big sushi crazed going on and everyone thinks they are eating healthy by jumping on this
delicious band wagon. However, as I was eating sushi tonight, I looked on the ingredients label
and was utterly disappointed. The fish was loaded with "no no's" from the Food Rules book.
Such as, ingredients I cannot pronounce, much less, a fifth grader, way more than a reasonable
amount of additives, ingredients I would not cook with, etc. This realization had me running to my computer to google sushi and here is some of what I found..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-381958/Sushi--raw-truth.html

"The contaminants found in fish often overpower its beneficial effects. People think they're improving their health by eating sushi but they are in fact poisoning themselves."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am jumping off of the wagon on this one! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! i LOVE Sushi, but my dad was telling me about this AWFUL program he saw on Animal Planet... WARNING: don't watch this if you have a weak stomach. I have to be careful or I'll become a serious hypochondriac!

    http://animal.discovery.com/videos/monsters-inside-me-really-bad-sushi.html

    ReplyDelete