Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Animals, Mongrels, and Chattel...oh my.

Reading Don LePan's Animals truly disturbed me. I finished it last night and was actual nauseous for a good half hour afterward. Honestly, I haven't been very good with keeping up in our Food Rules experiment, but last night made me rethink Pollan's rules on meat as a delicacy.

I really feel like I am gain more and more perspective of not only what goes into my body, but also the destructive outlets I support just by buying certain products. It made me think of the times I (cave in) for my annual McDonald's run or my love of cheese and crackers - where the hell is that cheese coming from??? Finally, I even thought of Anne, my little beagle who I could never imaging living as Sam.

I think that these perseptives are not easily obtained and reading Pollan's Food Rules isn't enough. In order to really question the American Land Ethic lifestyle, you have to gain the knowledge and emotional understand why and why not to understand. More importantly you need out outlets than just a rule book to turn ignorance and laziness to concern and care.

This is my dog by the way:

*I know that she looks pissed, but I promise she was just really annoyed with me taking pictures. Shes actually a really happy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment