Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Food Hangover

So I've been horrible to myself this weekend! Yesterday we have this Vietnamese ceremony event where we honor passed ancestors, this one for my uncle and grandfather. So you make a lot of food, invite people over, etc. So I was on rule #64 yesterday. I had fried shrimp chips, 5 Duncan Hines fudge brownies, 3 cups of soda, two bowl of WHITE noodles, some fried chicken, and many other unhealthy things. I don't think I even really had a vegetable yesterday. I was just eating and eating and today I'm paying for it!

I felt so out of it this morning. I had my average amount of sleep, but today I feel sluggish, tired, sleepy, un-energized, aloof, and just uggghh. That's what I really feel like. I think over the last few days I haven't been eating too many fruits or veggies so that hasn't helped either. It's so strange to see how evident the way my eating behavior has on my body. When I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, I have so much energy and feel great, and days I eat bad things, I really feel the bad effects like I'm feeling right now. I think as the semester is winding down, a lot of us are losing steam, cause I know I am. And as Derrell said, the holidays are coming up soon and that's going to be even worse. But it's never too late to start fresh!

2 comments:

  1. always start fresh, that's my mantra (for good or for ill).

    and thank you for giving me a term for much of my post-eating malaise: "food hangover." since i don't drink alcohol, or even anything w/ caffeine, it never occurred to me that what i often suffer is a food hangover. uggghh, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friends and I call it 'The Itis.' feel badly after that KFC DoubleDown? You've got The Itis.

    ReplyDelete