Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Off the Train

So here we are wrapping up the final weeks on this food rules ride. I'm not sure if it was the holidays or I just got lazy, but I've noticed I don't stick to some of the rules as much. It might also just be from the laziness and stress of exams time, but I surely don't put in as much effort as I usually do. This week especially I've been eating candy, cakes, ice cream, white rice, and all sort of other no-no's. On the bright side, I notice I've been eating a lot less meat more so than I usually do. It takes a lot of effort to keep up with all this, but I know I can't just go back to the way I use to eat. There are slip ups here and there, but overall I know I have to and want to remaining eating healthy and mindfully. I always known that everything has a lot of ingredient in it, but more than ever before I see that everything has a crap load of ingredient in them that I wouldn't have even expected! It's so odd.

Last night, my friends and I went to go eat at a buffet, probably wasn't the best idea, but I made some healthy choices I think. I saw two of my friends eating frog legs (I still find that strange they serve them at buffets) and i was just looking at them. Frog legs really look like chicken wings or legs. It was about the same color meat and the bone structure was similar too. I've never had frog legs, but it didn't seem so different, and apparently my friends said it's leaner than chicken which I can believe because frogs hop around all day so they get plenty of exercise. Will I try it? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment