Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Class is Over, Not Our Appetites

So this is it. Our class has end and our food experiment has ended as well too. When I started, I was doing really well, getting, eating great, and feeling good! Over the course of the semester, especially in the last few weeks, it has been harder, but I still eat well for the most part. I think now that we know the rules and became more conscious of food, we are more aware of our food choices. I'm glad we were exposed to so many different foods and practice. It was great for us to have this honest dialogue about food and the way we eat, especially here in America. We're so detached from our food and we don't see it as living organisms, just consumption products. Does matter what we eat, the way we eat, but now we're talking about food. We're asking what it is, where does it come from, how was it's life, what are the chemicals in it. These are the things that everyone should be asking. WE're still going to eat what we want, but many of us less than before and are eating more consciously because of what we're eating, how is it affecting our bodies, and where does it come from.

I hope that everyone will continue their food practices even after this class. I know I will. I'm about to study abroad in The Netherlands next semester and I think it will be interesting because once again I will have to change my diet! I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm embarking on this whole new food rules experiment which the lessons I've learned from Pollan and this class. I think we all took a lot from Food Rules regardless if we agreed with it or not. It got us thinking and that is always the start for anything. Happy eating to everyone and I hope everyone will continue to try new foods, no matter how strange or different they are. Could be yummy! Had a great time on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment